Google Chrome (BETA) for Windows
Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
One box for everything
Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.
Thumbnails of your top sites
Access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab.
Shortcuts for your apps
Get desktop shortcuts to launch your favorite web applications.
Some other interesting features -
- Task manager for websites - Also Google claims that if one of the TABs crashes then it won't crash the browser, other tabs will be still alive. (I am yet to experience this)
- Visual Browser History - This is a feature Chrome borrowed from Google Desktop / Google Web History. Type Ctrl+H to open your browser history and search for a term.
- Reopen webpages you closed by mistake - Firefox 3 has this "Undo Closed Tab" option in the menu while you can open closed tabs in Opera via the Ctrl+Z shortcut. To re-open a closed tab in Google Chrome, just hit Ctrl+T and you’ll see an option that says "Recently closed tabs" - click the one you closed by accident.
- Separate Profiles for safer browsing - for more read http://www.labnol.org/software/create-family-profiles-in-google-chrome/4394/
- Very good context menus - Context menus live up to their name ... they are really relevant.
and many more ....
Try it yourself.
If you ask me, I feel Chrome has miles to go before it sweeps other browsers, atleast it needs some fast progress in plugins which I am sure will happen. Till then it's just a novice browser and its too early to compare it with Mozilla. Atleast I rely on my mozilla plugins heavily.
Link to download Chrome - http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?hl=en
Happy browsing ...