Android Developer Challenge I: We will accept submissions from January 2 through March 3, 2008
Android Developer Challenge II: This part will launch after the first handsets built on the platform become available in the second half of 2008
In the Android Developer Challenge I, the 50 most promising entries received by March 3 will each receive a $25,000 award to fund further development. Those selected will then be eligible for even greater recognition via ten $275,000 awards and ten $100,000 awards.
- Social networking
- Media consumption, management, editing, or sharing, e.g., photos
- Productivity and collaboration such as email, IM, calendar, etc.
- News and information
- Rethinking of traditional user interfaces
- Use of mash-up functionality
- Use of location-based services
- Humanitarian benefits
- Applications in service of global economic development
- Whatever you're excited about!
So lets gear up and come up with ideas.
Download the SDK
Build your applications
Submit your applications (between January 2 and March 3, 2008). A submission form will be available on this page starting on January 2, 2008.
Android Developer Challenge FAQ
Subscribe to the Android Developer Blog for updates on the Android Developer Challenge
Discuss the challenge with others
Learn more about the Open Handset Alliance